Feb 22, 2014

Our Favorite Pancake Recipe

I am not a morning person. Not really. I sleep in until McKinlee wakes up and slowly get ready by 1 in the afternoon. I know this is not an effective use of my time, but I sure do love getting those extra hours in the morning to sleep. There's plenty of years ahead of me that I will be waking up with the kiddos to get them ready for school and activities, so I'm going to enjoy my last few years of getting 9 hours... No judgement please.

One thing that will make me get out of bed a little happier and excited for the day is breakfast. I'm not a bacon and eggs kind of girl, but I do love a good flapjack stack or breakfast casserole. So today I am sharing my absolute favorite pancake recipe.

Fluffy Eggless Cinnamon Pancakes

Fluffy Eggless Cinnamon Pancakes

                                  1 cup flour                                                      1 Tbs vegetable oil
                                  1 tsp sugar                                                      1 Tbs water
                                  1 tsp cinnamon                                               1 tsp vanilla
                                  2 tsp baking powder                                       2 Tbs butter
                                  1 c milk

Combine dry ingredients and mix slightly. Add milk, oil, water, and vanilla. Whisk together until just combined. Do not over mix- batter should be slightly lumpy. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. While pan is heating, add butter. As soon as the butter is melted, add melted butter to pancake batter. Stir. Makes 6-8 pancakes.

Cook until bubbles form on the surface and flip. Then cook until golden brown.

Fluffy Eggless Pancakes

These are so good. I love the cinnamon in them for the extra flavor. I eat them with regular maple syrup, my husband likes strawberry syrup on his, and McKinlee takes hers plain with a few frozen blueberries on the side. This meal is definitely McKinlee approved and she is my little picky eater.




Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment