Hello! So, this is a big week for me. I'm full term and wanting to go into labor any day now, so it's time to get serious and be completely done with baby prep. I decided to finish up the hospital bags and I wanted to share with you :) (I'll probably edit this after baby girl comes and let you know what I actually used haha) My edits are in gray :)
Here's what I put in my bag:
1. Pillow: I've heard their pillows aren't wonderful and if I'm going to be on a bed all day I want to be comfortable.
2. Comfy outfit/pj's: In case I'm feeling up to it, I'd rather be in my own clothes for the second day. *I loved having my own clothes to change into.
3. Going home sweats: Hubby got these for me for Christmas and they are SUPER comfy. I wanted something that's cute to go home in, but still cozy. *McKinlee was born in winter, but if I had a spring or summer baby, I would consider going home in a cute dress like this.
4. Robe: To cover my booty while walking around in my hospital gown. (Stafford also got this for me for Christmas- He's so cute!) *Next time I think I'll get a thinner one so it doesn't take up so much room.
5. Slippers: I'm not a barefoot-in-the-bathroom girl, so I think these will come in handy. *flip flops or slippers are nice to have for walks around the hospital if you decide to leave your room.
6. Make-up: haha I know this is probably silly, but I know looking back at pictures I'll want some mascara handy. * Definitely loved getting ready the next day. I liked to have all of my stuff there.
7. Shower stuff/toiletries: I know I'll want to shower and I'm going to want my own stuff, so I'm packing it all. I'm also bringing a toothbrush for Stafford to sleepover.
8. Socks: I'm bringing one fuzzy pair and one skinny pair. I don't want my toes to get cold! *I didn't wear socks, but I've heard a lot of people that liked having them.
9. Snacks: It's nice to have food you actually like around. *The gum was the best thing to have handy, but the hospital had lots of snacks so I will leave those behind next time.
10. Entertainment: I'm bringing a couple movies and Phase 10. Some people say there's no time for this and some say you need it, so I figured what the heck.. if it fits, I'll bring it. *We watched a movie the next night, but didn't play any games. My mom brought her ipad and that was nice to have.
11. Sweats for the Hubs: In case he has to come straight from school I know he'll want to be comfy too and I won't want him to leave my side. *He loved having extra clothes ready for him.
12. Camera and video camera: We're bringing extra batteries as well so we'll be prepared.
*I didn't bring my boppy pillow and I'm glad I didn't. There were so many pillows on my bed that I really had no need for it.
To see what I packed for baby girl, click here.