Nov 22, 2011

Serendipity's Frozen Hot Chocolate

Hello again!
So, I am taking a Doctrine and Covenants class through BYU Idaho, and we were asked to set a goal.
My goal for the next 5 weeks is to write in a journal everyday.
I know that will be really hard for me..  duh that's why it's a goal.
BUT, I figured I could kind of cheat and use this blog as a type of journal.
No I'm not about to share all my deepest darkest secrets, but when it comes to the cute things
my husband does, or the fun people we meet, then yes. Those things I will write down.

On top of that, I also set a goal for myself to actually do all the DIY things I've pinned on pinterest. 
Yes, I love pinterest. Infact the other day I got on it and Stafford 
was sitting right next to me. "Not pinterest again..." haha 
Come on sweetheart.. I'm getting so many good recipes.

So, last night we attempted Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate.
I got this recipe from here.

Ingredients:
  • 6 oz. chopped semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3 cups whole milk, divided
  • 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. your favorite powdered hot chocolate mix (I used 2 tsp more)
  • 3 Tbsp. sugar (I used probably another Tbsp)
  • 6 cups ice cubes
  • whipped cream for garnish

Preparation:

  1. Place chopped chocolate and 1/4 cup of the milk in a microwave-safe container. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir.

  2. Heat on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir. If necessary, continue heating in 30-second increments until chocolate is melted.

  3. Add hot chocolate mix and sugar. Stir.

  4. Slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the milk. Stir, and let cool to room temperature.

  5. Pour cooled chocolate mixture into blender. Add remaining milk and ice cubes. Puree until smooth.

  6. Top with whipped cream and serve immediately.
This site said it's supposed to make 2 big cups, but holy cow it's alot. It will probably feed 3 adults that love chocolate.

I am a lover of all things cold and chocolate.. Needless to say I'm a major ice cream fan. This 
recipe sounded amazing and it was..  
No.. Our presentation wasn't as pretty, but it tasted amazing!
I would definitely recommend trying this. Doesn't take long at all, and we had everything but the whole milk. yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment