Jul 4, 2016

Red, White, & Blue

First of all, thank you so much for your comments on my last post. I didn't realize the feelings I would have after pushing publish. I almost felt like I relived it all over again and this time with everyone knowing each gory, emotional detail. I do hope it helps someone some day realize there are a lot of us out there that have gone through this crazy emotional pain. We love you. It takes time to heal and you can take as much time as you want or need.


Happy 4th of July! I love this holiday. I love to see pride in our country and people celebrating our freedom! Plus those colors... They just make you happy. Not only did we celebrate the actual holiday, we also celebrated Stafford taking the day off of bar study! My happy dance quickly ended when he told me he's going to put in more hours the next 3 weeks leading up to the test. Boo. This is where I have to suck it up and be an awesome super wife and mom for 3 little weeks so we can have a great life. I can do this!  Back to our 4th. We started the day grabbing some breakfast and heading to my favorite local chlorinated pond/lake. This is how I do the outdoors! No bugs... clean water... concession stand nearby... that is the life.


The clouds kept it pretty cool, so the girls didn't last long. We headed home for lunch and naps. Of course only Addie slept because who can really sleep when awesome dad is home? (insert crying emoji here) We packed the girls back in the car and headed to our friends' for a BBQ and some fireworks. Is there any other way to celebrate?

 Shorts: (old) similar here | Top: American Eagle (old) similar here        GIRLS: Tops: here and here

It was a fun patriotic day and I'm so happy we got a little break before the bar takes over my life. 

This post is in collaboration with Mommy Style Monday- a fun link up you can sign up for here or here. You can see the other cute mama's style in their posts below!
Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Madeline at CaseyLand
Cait at Cait's Cozy Corner
Chelsea at Tessa Marie
Jen at Jam Tart Boutique
Monica at It's All About

1 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun day! I love your little girls' flag shirts. Love to you for your last post!

    ReplyDelete