Jun 14, 2016

Currently

So our summer has been off to a good start! It's been super hot, and now we've hit the cool down. I've been trying to do something fun with the girls everyday and I think it's keeping us all happy. If you have tips on summer activities with toddlers I'd love to hear them!




I wanted to put together a little list of what we're up to lately, so here it is:

Eating:
Garlic Butter Asparagus Pasta - We tried this last week and it was pretty delicious. I've never had good luck with asparagus, but this recipe worked and it tasted delicious. My girls even ate the Orzo. We will definitely make it again.

Watching:
My girls have been OBSESSED with Zootopia since it came out last week. We had a family movie night complete with blankets and pillows and popcorn with chocolate chips! We have probably watched at least parts of it everyday since.
As for what I'M watching- nothing. I need something. I got into Gilmore Girls a little, but the sarcasm is just too much for me sometimes. I'm happily taking suggestions.

Reading:
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing - This book is amazing! I only got to read the first 60 pages or so before I had to return it to the library because of the wait list. I loved it and was so inspired by it. Since we're already packing to move across the country, I figured this was as good a time as any to get rid of so much of our clutter. Everyday I get rid of a bag or two of stuff I feel the weight lift off my shoulders. It's a freeing feeling. I definitely recommend this book!

Doing:
Packing... I've been slowly trying to pack here and there because after the bar, Stafford is coming back by himself to pack up the house and the truck, so I'd like to get as much of the apartment done as possible before we leave. This means starting early. Sadly the decorations were the easiest, so now our walls are bare and boxes are piling up. We may have to move Addie into McKinlee's room by the end of it so we can have one whole room devoted to boxes. Bleh.

I have to say- these girls are pretty fun despite the number of times I have to tell them to get off of each other ;)





0 comments:

Post a Comment