Oct 26, 2015

Addie's 5 Month Update



Sleep:  Addie is doing great so far! We've moved her to the crib and she seems to be adjusting well. The girls share a room, so this was a big concern for me. We usually put McKinlee down first while I feed Addie, and then move Addie in while she sleeps. Bedtime has been a lot better since the sun goes down so much earlier now. Both girls are in bed by 10:30 (mostly because I take an extra 45 minutes or so to snuggle this cute baby because how could I not?). McKinlee wakes up for the day at 8:30 and Addie will wake up between then and 10 depending on if sister decides she wants her to wake up. If I start to hear the creaking of the crib I can run and make it just in time to grab McKinlee before she says, "Wake up Addie, morning wake!" If Addie wakes up early she'll take a nap at 11 for an hour, but if she sleeps in she'll take a 20 minute nap around the same time. I try to keep it short because I prefer for them to take their long nap together. 1:30 is when McKinlee goes down for her nap and Addie will fall asleep right before that while nursing. McKinlee has been pretty good at going to nap quietly and won't wake Addie. Hallelujah! They both wake up around 3:30 or 4. Then Addie will take another 20-45 minute nap at 8. It's always a work in progress, but I like to go off of what her little body needs. I know it's constantly changing, so I'm just doing my best.

Size:
Weight: 15 lbs.
We're in size 2 diapers and she is wearing 3-6, and 6 month clothing. Addie girl is bigger than McKinlee was which is sad because I feel like she's growing up more quickly since she's not just a tiny baby anymore! But it's fun because she is a lot more sturdy than McKinlee was at this age, so she can hold her own a little bit better. I also don't worry that she's not getting enough food- haha so that's good.

Food: Addie is a nursing champ and I am so grateful for that. We supplemented a lot with McKinlee, so I've experienced both. Lugging bottles/formula/water is annoying, but so is putting on a cover and pulling up layers of clothes. A bottle was nice because anyone could feed her, but being the only one who can feed Addie has been nice too- specially at McKinlee's bedtime. haha sorry babe! We have started rice cereal for Addie and she's done really good with it so far. I'm excited because I hope it continues and she's not too picky of an eater.

Milestones: Addie is a roller. She rolls in circles all over the room until she gets stuck against a piece of furniture. It's pretty adorable. She is also quite the giggle bug. She is ticklish on her sides, armpits, and neck. I just love it. She totally knows when daddy gets home and will give him a huge smile. She's becoming more and more social and it is awesome! 




Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment