Nov 26, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like...


I know I know! It's too early.
We figured since we're doing all the family holidays without family, we could party a little longer and enjoy the holiday season in our home a little early. Usually I try and wait until after Thanksgiving, but when it starts to snow and your cinnamon candles are lit, you just can't help yourself! Seriously. 
I cannot even tell you how excited I am for McKinlee's first Christmas. It's fun that she's old enough to enjoy the lights and presents (mostly the boxes). She's already found one of her presents and we couldn't get her off of it! I guess we'll have to find better hiding places. Even though our Christmas shopping has already started I know I will probably be shopping up until Christmas Eve. I'm a bit of a procrastinator.. I do plan on hitting up a couple of stores on Black Friday to check some gifts off my list. Stafford is a sucker for Old Navy shirts and with their half off everything in the store sale I'm hoping to score for him!

With Christmas in my home and right around the corner you can bet we've been thinking about our to do list for December. Some traditions we are going to start/continue this year are:
- Open a new Christmas book December 1st.
- Sip some hot chocolate in the car while looking at Christmas lights. 
(We've already been scoping out some decorative neighborhoods!) In the future, I love the idea of doing a polar express type thing complete with tickets and getting the kids out of bed!
- Make and deliver cookies to our neighbors
- Go to Macy's Santaland!
- Find a Christmas concert to go to (when I was in choir, the Christmas concerts were my favorite!)
- Make a salt dough ornament of McKinlee's foot

This list will probably get longer the closer Christmas gets! I am dying of sadness that we won't get to be around family this year, but hopefully this list of things to do will help keep our minds off of it. Hope you all have exciting plans for the holidays!

0 comments:

Post a Comment