Sep 12, 2013

Come Fly With Me


McKinlee took her first plane ride and I had my first plane ride with a baby. What an experience.
For the past month we've been living at my parent's house in Washington. Stafford flew back to pick up all of our boxes and furniture in Idaho with his dad. They drove the moving truck to Minneapolis and moved it into a storage unit, since our apartment building is currently being built, and two weeks later McKinlee and I flew out to be with him. You could say it's been a crazy summer. 

McKinlee and I had to take two planes to get here. The first one was great! She slept on the way up and on the way back down while sipping on a bottle. I didn't pay for a seat for her either, but both flights had enough room for her carseat! SCORE! I don't know how I would have done it just with her on my lap. I'm sure it would have been fine, but I was so grateful to have a place for her to sit.

The second flight was not so great.. We went up and as she was sleeping she kept whimpering and turning back and forth. About a half hour into the flight she suddenly wakes up, starts coughing and next thing I know spit up is everywhere! And it keeps coming! I unbuckled her immediately so she wouldn't choke and tried to soak up as much as possible with her burp clothe. It was a mess. I didn't know what to do! The lady next to me seemed like she didn't have a clue what was happening. I changed McKinlee on my lap and wiped her and the carseat up as best as I could. I put it all in a garbage bag the flight attendant gave me to best contain the smell. It was pretty gross. After all was said and done she was happy and cute the rest of the ride.


The worst part of it all was probably that night. She was sick for the first time and that was miserable for us! She woke up every 2 hours crying and was so congested. It was horrible. Needless to say it will be a while before we take another plane ride :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment