Jan 25, 2013

Week 38


38 Weeks Pregnant

How far along: 38 weeks
Total weight gain: 20 pounds!
Sleep: Our bed has gotten better. Mostly I just missed sleeping with my husband..  AND if I go into labor in the middle the night I want to be right next to him instead of yelling upstairs at him. The body pillow makes things so much better. I can't believe I held out for so long.
Maternity clothes? Leggings and my maternity tank top are my essentials. I just layer normal clothes over that and I'm all set :)
Stretch marks: Ugh..  FINE..  it happened this week. I found a couple on the underside of my belly this week and it was a pretty depressing day. BUT, I've been rubbing my lotion on it religiously and they've faded a lot.
Best moment this week: Umm..  thinking about her being here! Talking to my doctor about going into labor is always exciting. I'm just kind of waiting around. Everything is ready for her, so there it is.
Miss anything? Sleeping comfortably and my energy. I'm ready to have my body back and not have a huge bump in front of me. It makes things difficult. Like washing the dishes.. I have to lean over so far just to get my hands in the water. My belly always gets wet haha.
Movement?  Yep. Lots and lots. I'm ready to see her move outside of my body though! I can't wait to hold her!
Food cravings: Nothing really
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show: Hello, yes. I'm very pregnant.
Gender: Girl :)
Labor signs: braxton hicks- mostly after working out and basically the second I walk into Walmart.
Belly button in or out? I will officially call it an outie. It doesn't matter when I look at it, it's always out. haha
Wedding ring on or off? on.
Happy or moody most of the time? A little of both. I'm so excited for her to be here and I think at night I get depressed that she's not here yet.
Looking forward to: Labor. I want her to be here now! Everything is beyond ready.. I have diapers and wipes in every room, our hospital bag has been packed and sitting in her room, and I've put together my top 20 favorite outfits for her. Please just let her come this week!


So the induction date has been set! If she's not here by February 6th (the day after her due date) we are going in to induce her! I'm excited about it. My doctor is concerned about going too far past the due date and he seems completely confident that she's ready to come within the next 2 weeks. This way my mom will have a definite date to be here and I don't have to go any farther than 40 weeks! Yay!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm SUPER excited to see your little one!! You both are very good looking, so you know your about to make a cutie!! Thats awesome that you have only gained 20 lbs, I gained like 50 plus lbs and I was 113 to start with lol. it sucks. I'm only back down to 130 now. o well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! You are so darling...and are going to be a fantastic, loving Mother.

    ReplyDelete