Nov 14, 2012

Week 28



How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain: 13 pounds! My doctor says I can still chow down a hamburger if I want :) and he calls me skinny minnie which always makes a girl feel good (because heaven knows I don't feel like it these days).
Maternity clothes? I'm about done with jeans. I change as soon as I get home. I'm so glad I only have classes for a few hours a day. I'm still wearing my regular shirts, but I'm nervous about stretching them out :/ I have to stock up on shade shirts because I wear one everyday. They're perfect.
Stretch marks: Still no! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Best moment this week:  Falling asleep to a kicking baby every night. It's so comforting. I don't know how people don't think it's a living being. She's moved like this for months now, but she's just big enough to feel them now. She definitely has a cute little personality. I can feel it.
Miss anything? Chocolate. I've been trying to be better at sweets this week since my glucose test was today. I think I'm an addict, because it's been REALLY hard.
Movement? Lots this week. I think I felt hiccups for the first time- so cute. Its so weird that she's only a couple pounds.. She's so strong and kicks all over my stomach at the same time. I feel like she's ready to be here already!
Food cravings: Sweets. Probably more so since I hid our stash of candy. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show: hello! Yes. I feel like I've gotten so much bigger this past month. It's hard to believe I'm going to keep getting bigger.
Gender: Girl
Labor signs: None.. But how am I supposed to answer this question? I haven't ever been in labor so how do I know what it's like??
Belly button in or out? in, I don't know if it will be making an appearance at all, but it's definitely gotten more shallow.
Wedding ring on or off? on.
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy and moody. Poor Stafford. I had to use the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" movie line with him- "Hunny, I love you, but I just want to punch you in the face right now."
Looking forward to: Baby girl making her appearance! I know it's a ways away, but I can't wait for her to be here. I feel ready. And I'd much rather push out a 2 pound baby then a 7 pound baby. 

So I just had my glucose test and I passed!!! I'm so happy. I have been stressing about this test for a month now. I've read blog after blog and every pregnancy site on the internet about this test. There were horror stories about being nauseous and having to take the 3 hour test. I was nervous about everything. My doctor said I could eat before it, just not in the hour between taking the drink and having my blood drawn. I had a nice little breakfast with toast and 1 cup of peanut butter cap'n crunch. I wanted to make sure I didn't eat too much sugar this morning, but peanut butter sounded better than life and it only has 3 more grams of sugar so I splurged. I drank lots of water and tried to go to the bathroom a lot this morning to get all the ice cream out of my system from last night. I don't even know if that's how it works, but hey it made me feel better. 

I had one class this morning right before my appointment so I didn't snack until after the appointment. I left early so I could take my drink and Stafford wanted to get lunch before. I was worried I might throw up the drink, so I wasn't about to drink it in class. I drank in the car on the way to Subway. It wasn't bad at all. I got the lemon lime one and it was just a sugary flat sprite. Totally fine. I got it down in a couple minutes and had a great time watching Stafford eat a delicious sub. When we got to the doctors they took me in and took my blood. Doctor said I got a 108! He said 140 is when they make you take the next test, so I'm great! My doctor makes me feel so much better about everything! So needless to say the candy stash is out again and I plan on having a milkshake every night this week :) And maybe some fries.

So anyways, I'm very happy. Life is good. I'm great, baby girl is great. She is absolutely perfect. 

3 comments:

  1. yay third trimester. Now you may get tired, hard to move (waddling), & everything gets worse like the 1st trimester again lol. the second is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh dear.. my waddling started a few weeks ago I think. I'm in bad shape!

      Delete
  2. This made me laugh and want to cry too! i just LOVE that you are having such a great pregnancy so far, and it actually made me miss being preggers. She will be here before you know it. Enjoy those milkshakes! (and eat the fries too!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete