Nov 25, 2011

Day 8

hello. 
This morning I woke up to a little surprise.
My cute husband was making pancakes :)
...and he had on Christmas music.
and...
my baby bird was acting like a dog eating off the floor. he does that a lot.
Stafford gave him some Rice Krispies which happen to be his favorite breakfast food.
We had a nice little morning together, just our little family.

So, the packing is happening...
a little bit at a time.
Stafford is out trying to sell our car and I have done who knows how many loads of laundry today.
We're figuring it out. I can't believe our time here in Fresno is almost up. 
Totally crazy.
Well, tonight for dinner I made a tortilla soup I found on Pinterest.
I absolutely love my mom's taco soup, 
but I figured I'd give this one a try.
Here goes...

I got this recipe from here.

Ingredients:
2 chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans Ro-Tel
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn
1 onion, chopped
2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
1-2 cups of water
1 Tbsp garlic powder*
1 Tbsp chile powder*
1 Tbsp ground cumin*
1 Tbsp dried cilantro*
Toppings:
tortilla chips
sour cream
shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese

*Instead of these spices, you could include a packet of Taco seasoning if you prefer.*

Put everything in the crock pot and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 6-7 hours.

I made a half batch and it was delicious!
yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment