Nov 23, 2012

Baby Girl's Name Will Be...

Yay! I've been so excited to share with you all! McKinlee has been our one and only baby girl name that we've agreed on. We've talked about baby names probably our whole marriage. McKinlee came up when we were living in Fresno, CA for an internship last year. It was probably the best thing for our marriage ever. We loved being so far away from school and friends and family. It was good for us to just establish our marriage. We had a fun ward there and made some great friends. Towards the end of the internship we were driving around probably lost and looking for the right roads when we came across McKinley Avenue. We said it out loud and were both in love with it. Stafford swears it was his idea, but I'm pretty sure we both thought of it as a cute name. I had my reservations because I've never been a huge fan of McK names..  I don't know why.. haha I was just feeling like it was hard to say. But the more we said it the more we loved it. Besides the street, it was also our bishop's last name when we were living there, so we thought.. wow. this is perfect. This was a year ago mind you, so we've definitely gone over some different names since. 


As soon as we found out we were pregnant we started talking names again. I wanted to make sure that we had a name as soon as we found out if it was a boy or a girl. I don't know why this was so important. I just feel like a baby is a person/spirit/whatever the whole time, so the sooner it has a name, the more real it is for me. If that even makes sense? So basically we've loved this name from the start. One night at around 15 weeks we sat down and starting listing names we liked. Some that we loved include:
For future baby girls we'll probably come back to this list. McKinlee was just too perfect. It's an oldest sister name. I just love it. Her middle name Joy comes from my mom. It's my mom's middle name and I never even thought of not giving my little girls middle names. Since McKinlee is such a long first name we thought a short and sweet middle name would be perfect. So there you have it. The whole story. This post is more for me than anything. I want to remember everything we thought about while choosing our kid's names. It'll be fun to tell them someday. Anyway...   HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

0 comments:

Post a Comment