Jul 15, 2012

The big news!

We're pregnant!


We are so excited. seriously i have wanted kids since i was one.
 We have felt ready for quite some time now and just knew it was right for us.
Sometimes I can't even believe something's really in there and growing. 
So anyways- We are almost 11 weeks and I'm feeling so great.
Sometime in late May we thought that my period might be late. Stafford thought it 
was me just wishful thinking as always. He said that if nothing had happened
by that weekend we would take a test. 
I waited and waited. 

Finally Friday rolled around and Stafford got home. We immediately ran to the store to get a test. I had no idea which was the best, but me being me, we had to buy a real brand 
so it was accurate (I'm psycho sometimes). 
Stafford was there for every second of it and we waited for the results together. 
As we stared at the blank screen we were silent and holding hands. 
All of a sudden (way sooner than I thought it would) it popped up.
pregnant.
We just stared in disbelief, I don't think we were really expecting it.
This was our very first test and everything. We thought it was probably going to be nothing. 
But there it is. pregnant.
Eventually the silence broke with a "My boys can swim!" Embarrassing, I know. 

We could not look at that stick long enough. We were just dying. 
So there it is. We are pregnant and so happy about it!




5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 15, 2012

    Congrats you two! :)

    "Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden."

    Just because I was so excited and to think, your little baby is a fig right now! Haha. :) Good luck and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah! Congratulations!! I am so happy and excited for you guys! What is your due date? Mine is Dec 16 (we're hoping for sooner just to give some space between birthday and Christmas... ha ha) How have you been feeling??

    P.S. My husband totally said the same thing :) It must be a pride thing for our men... ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I am so excited for you guys. You are going to be the cutest parents. Glad to hear you are announcing...Grandpa Strong told some family...and I was like "I don't know if they are telling yet!" So I am glad you are! So happy you are doing so well. It was fun to spend time with you guys last week. We still need to come up your way!

      Delete
  3. KELSI!!! I am so happy for you and Stafford!! Being pregnant is so much fun!! Xoxoxox what a beautiful blessing!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting. My husband and I took the test together too.
    We, of course, didn't have as easy of a journey getting to positive as you did. :(

    ReplyDelete