May 12, 2017

Happy Mother's Day

Leading up to this Mother's Day, I can't help but feel so grateful for my beautiful mom. I will be honest.. I was nervous moving back to Washington, because I was worried about being close to my family and how the dynamics would work. I never wanted Stafford to feel like he was put on the back burner. Our entire married life has been spent states away from family, and I felt like it helped strengthen our marriage and family so much to have to rely on each other right off the bat. But it was always nice to come home. My heart would ache in Minnesota. I just missed talking to my mom in person- Her back massages as she gives advice and a listening ear. She's like a best friend that will also clean your house and wipe your baby's bum over and over again. Since moving to Washington, we get to visit monthly at least and I have to say it has been awesome! I get to have my grown up talk time with my mom and my sisters like to babysit-- FREE babysitting is always welcome. And my dad basically takes McKinlee all day on Saturdays to work outside and get an ice cream cone. I have loved being close to family again.



We went down for a visit over Easter weekend. After putting the girls down on Saturday night, my mom and I got to work on putting together the baskets and making a maze with yarn all over the house just like she used to do for me when I was little. I stopped and thought how this was my dream... to grow up and do these things I loved so much for my own kids. It's because my mom was such a fun mom that I wanted to be a mom. She showed me the value in being home with us. Because of her I know what I'm doing now is important. I feel so lucky to be a mom and to be able to stay at home with my babies at this time in my life. 


Thank you mom for being my mom. I love you!
You can check out some other mother/daughter duos at Dia&Co.
SaveSave

0 comments:

Post a Comment