Feb 27, 2015

29 Weeks


How far along: 29 Weeks
Total weight gain: 24 lbs.
Maternity clothes: I finally got the most comfortable (and affordable) maternity jeans here and here (these ones are only $22 online right now!). I am so happy. As I was trying them on in the fitting room I wanted to cry from excitement. It's nice to feel good in jeans again.
Best moment this week: Seriously- finding jeans. Also being able to leave the house to go to the outlets. It has been freezing lately, so as soon as we saw temperatures above 20* we couldn't resist! 
Symptoms:  More back pain.. and more cramps this week. I also talked to my doctor about a pain I had in my lower abdomen on the side. She said it was probably round ligament pain. Luckily it hasn't been too bad since my appointment, so I'm crossing my fingers that it's gone for a while.
Movement: More and more! She's been on my bladder and in my ribs all week. I forgot about that discomfort haha. 
Food cravings: I got my chocolate/peanut butter fix this week! I can always count on a holiday to get a good chocolate stash going.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, but I've had some heart burn lately. I laid on multiple pillows last night hoping to prop up my upper body enough to feel better. It worked luckily (along with the handful of Tums I took) and I was able to get some sleep.
Have you started to show: Yes.
Gender: Girl!
Belly button in or out: The top is starting to poke out and the rest is pretty flat. We're almost there! haha.
Wedding ring on or off: On
Happy or moody most of the time: Very happy!
Looking forward to: Stafford's parents are coming to town this weekend, so it'll be fun to show them around our city.

This week was my glucose test and they tested my iron. I was way less nervous this time around thank heavens! I ate normal that morning and had an afternoon appointment. This time I had to go in and drink the juice in the office and sit for the hour. I was SO tired the whole time. I could've fallen asleep in the waiting room. The Dr. checked out the baby and said she's growing great! She is measuring right on time (that made me a little nervous because McKinlee was always measuring small and she weighed 6 lb. 13 oz. when she was born... I think that's a good size! ha). So I was happy for all of that. They took my blood at the end of the hour and I was sent home. They called me Monday morning and told me I passed my glucose test!! YAY! BUT my iron levels were extremely low. This wasn't really on my radar, because my last pregnancy it wasn't a problem and I know I eat healthier now than I did back then.. haha. Feeding a toddler will do that to you. I am a little concerned, but I'm not a big pill taker! My Dr. told me to take 3 iron supplements a day! That's crazy considering I take Flintstones as my multivitamin. I asked if I can try to switch up my diet before taking the pills and see if that works out. We'll see the outcome. In the meantime, please send me any iron-rich, meat-free recipes :) Not that that's difficult or anything. 

1 comments:

  1. You are seriously soooooo cute! Love that little bump!
    Are you vegetarian?! Somehow I missed that fact about you! I have tons of great recipes to get iron in you.... with meat :( Sorry lady! This actually makes me want to google what fruits and veggies are high in iron because I seriously have no clue. BUT! Take the supplements won't be bad for a few weeks. Promise! Baby needs the iron!

    ReplyDelete