Jun 9, 2014

My Big 16 Month Old




This girl seems to have grown 5 inches over night! Her little personality is showing through more and more and I love it!

Height: 29.75 in. 21%
Weight: 16 lb 15 oz. 3%
Head: 45 cm. 30%
(As of her 15 month check-up)

Sleep: We're pretty much at one nap a day around 1:30 for 2 hours. It's a great little break for both of us and let's me get stuff done around the house and squeeze in some relax time- Thank you Hulu! She's still sleeping 12 hours at night and goes to bed at 9:30. I feel like we just have our schedule down and it's awesome. I don't know why, but so much of my motherhood experience has felt like I'm guessing at everything. I love when I finally feel like I have a handle on everything. It's only taken me 16 months!

Food: McKinlee is just a little muncher. She only takes a few bites of everything which drives me crazy! I can't make 5 different things for her each meal! She does like Annie's Cheddar Bunnies, Graham Crackers, pretzels, mac 'n cheese, any kind of cheese really, and applesauce. 

Milestones: This cute girl is quite social. She smiles, waves, and says "hi" to everyone we pass. I love that! She signs please, food, more, all done, and water. Babies signing is pretty much the cutest thing. She will say "wah" for water, "hi", "uh oh", "Tank ooo", "bye bye", "ba tie" (bath time), and "nie nie". She also knows the sounds for dog, cat, cow, rhinoceros, sheep, bird, bunny (hop, hop), fish, and horse. One of my favorite things she does is licks her fingers clean after eating something messy. Ah-dor-ah-ble. And she'll smile on demand now. So cute. She recently picked up how to fold her arms for prayers out of no where! She also gives kisses immediately after prayers which I love. It's safe to say that we have LOVED seeing her learn new things the past couple months.


This cute girl has been so fun to watch grow. I am grateful for her sweet spirit and spunky personality. We have entered the tantrum stage a little bit and I'm hoping to nip that in the bud quickly, but she's too cute to be mad at! How do you cope with tantrums with your littles?




Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment