Oct 2, 2012

The beginnings of the Nursery!

Hello again!
Can I just tell you that baby girl is always on my mind?? Honestly I don't think about anything but her and how hot my hubby is.
Seriously.. that's about it.

ANYWAYS-
Here is my list of things I'm doing for baby girl's nursery...
  • Sew quilt
  • Make crib skirt
  • Sew curtains
  • Sew pillow for rocking chair
  • Redo lamp shade (see below)
  • Continue to make a billion bows and flowers for baby girl's hair. 
Nothing too crazy right???
I'm hoping to get as much done as I can now while I have the energy, but school gets in the way. dang it.
I'm constantly doodling in my notebooks about her room and doing all kinds of math on how much fabric I need. I am just ready to get it done!

So to give you a little sneak peak... These are the colors I'm working with!!


Totally outside of my comfort zone of my whole house, but I figured the baby room would be the place to experiment with some modern, colorful fabrics!

And I'm pretty excited about this find...
$5 at a garage sale.
secretly Stafford and I kind of love garage sales lately. don't tell anyone.
It would look gorgeous just in my house, but baby girl needs a lamp, so I'll sacrifice.  I want to cover it with one of my fabrics, but which one???

And THIS little number makes me very proud. My first little craft specifically for her room...
 
 It's a bow holder and I love how it turned out. 
The frame was from DI for $2 and I didn't even have to paint it..  So worth it.

And finally- the small collection of headbands I've made for her so far. I was trying to think of a cute way to display them and I think this glass jar is perfect. Fits in with the modern, fun look I'm going for.

My parents gave us a crib they had from my little sisters and I set it up by myself because I couldn't wait for Stafford to get home. 
(don't let me fool you, it was a couple of screws and then done)
I am dying to get her dresser, which we're going for the bookcase look from ikea.. It's only $70 plus the little baskets! AND it's thin enough to fit in her tiny room. Hopefully we'll be getting that this weekend on our trip to Utah. So slowly but surely it's coming together.  YAY!! 

Have a good week :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment